Friday, March 28, 2008

Guitar Hero III

So I'm a victim of Guitar Hero III. My kids have been begging us to get it after playing it at their cousin's house (why must their cousin's always introduce them to the latest expensive gadgets? Why can't they introduce them to collecting rocks, or finding potato bugs, or even better, raking up leaves, or sweeping the sidewalk?) But if the truth be told, I've been jonesing for Guitar Hero III myself. I must say that I dig it. I've already passed the "easy" level, and I had a ton of fun doing it. This is much more than a video game. I'm really not into video games a lot. We have a Wii (thanks again to my kids discovering the Wii at their cousin's place), and I enjoy the sports games because you get to do actions with the game e.g. boxing you punch in the air and the player on the TV gets knocked out. How cool is that? So we get the Guitar Hero III for the kids ;-) and I stay up late every night acting like a rock-star. There is something very cool about jamming to one of your favorite songs, and it seemingly sounding awesome because you are hitting the right notes (green, red, yellow, blue, and orange) Yeah, I do it standing up and hit the whammy bar, shredding like a rock-n-roll mega-star. It's the coolest thing a 37 year old married guy with four children can do on a week night.

In work news, this has been an interesting week. We've been adding customers and new products every week. We've recently added a lot of new wall plates. We have a wall plate for DVI, VGA, HDMI, RCA, CAT6 and CAT5e Keystone Jacks. We've been custom fabricating some networking / AV wall-plates for one of our clients that is doing some projector installations. This particular face plate has one VGA Female pass-through connector (basically a gender changer) and an RCA pass through connector (also a female gender changer) and we mount both to the wall plate. So the customer gets the wallplate pre-loaded with the connectors and they are ready to install. Yeah, we're a pretty great company.

Until next time -
The Cable Guy
Orem, Utah
www.professionalcable.com

No comments: