Tuesday, May 6, 2008

15 Years flies by - Ahhh La France!


So it's been 15 years since I stepped off of the plane, coming home from my LDS mission, having served 2 years in France.

Over the past 15 years, since I came back to America, I met my wife. I started my career. I have returned to Europe several times. I lived in Holland with my wife Jen. We had our first child, Julienne, in Holland. We lived in England for a short time. I've travelled to China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong several times. I finished my BA degree at BYU. I started my own business with a friend, grew it into a successful company, and sold it. I got my MBA from Colorado Tech. I purchased my first and second home. I've travelled all over the USA. I've purchased a gaggle of cars. (a fleet might be more appropriate). My brother served a 2-year mission in California and learned to speak Spanish. I've had 3 children since coming back to the USA, for a total of 4 children. I have started another cable supply company and have seen success. There has been a lot that has happened. Life has been good to me. Yesterday was my 15 year anniversary on coming home from my mission. Today is my 13-year wedding anniversary (married 2 years after coming home, almost to the day). I never could have imagined all of the things that I would see and do that day back on May 5th, 1993. Now I sit at my desk, at my company, and I wonder in amazement, what do the next 15 years have to hold for me and the world? 15 years ago I hadn't heard of the Internet, e-mail, cell phones, etc. I had not heard of any of the common terms in the cable industry such as: HDMI, Wii, X-Box, Plasma TVs, LCD, High-Def, HDTV, FireWire, USB, SATA and SCSI. The world really was different 15 years ago. I would guess that the world will be different 15 years from now.


Here is to another 15 years of peace and prosperity.


Until next time

The Cable Guy

No comments: