Thursday, June 19, 2008

Forbidden Kingdom vs. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

If you would have told me a few days ago that I would like The Forbidden Kingdom (Jackie Chan and Jet Li) more than Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Harrison Ford), I would have laughed in disbelief. I mean how can you screw up getting Harrison Ford back on the big screen as Indiana Jones? You even have a good name for the movie! But somehow, they did. They took Indiana Jones, and made an X-Files movie. Mixed in with a little Close Encounters. Then they threw in a little Caddyshack. (What on earth was the deal with the gophers?) I can’t believe it, but thumbs down for this little piece of…. work.

But, if you’re going to the movies this weekend, there is a movie that I do recommend, The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan. I thought that this would be a typical Kung Fu movie, but it actually has something The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull lacks, A PLOT! It starts in America, but moves to China. A young American kid finds himself in China on a quest to return a magical staff to the Monkey King who was turned to stone over 500 years ago when his magical staff was taken from him. It all comes together nicely, is full of action, and takes this young American kid through China as he learns Kung Fu a la Karate Kid. I really liked this movie and it was a nice surprise after the Indiana Jones Alien fiasco.


Until next time
The Cable Guy
http://www.professionalcable.com/

No comments: